☆ 6000 calories

My friend told me that apparently, over Christmas, the average calorie consumption in the UK is 6000. I can totally believe that after thinking about all of the food I've eaten over these past few days.

This is the first Christmas holidays that I've been home on Boxing Day: for the past 4 years, I've been away on holiday, skiing in the mountains celebrating in the new year in countries like Austria, Italy and France. Even though I do wish we could have gone away this year (especially considering I don't have exams to revise for this year), there's something nice about being at home, spending time with friends and family.

Since leaving Bath for Christmas, I've been flittering between London and Kent. Last week, I spent a week in London, spending afternoons catching up with old friends and evenings with my boyfriend after he came home from work. I'm the friend from school who moved further away than the others in my group, so I really appreciate the girls who still keep in contact with me and make the effort to come out and see me. I also met up with some graduated Bath friends and another non-school friend and it was just such a nice week, spending time with people over a cup of coffee.

Christmas is well and truly over for another year. I know I'm a week early to begin this kind of sappiness, but as I compare my situation from last year to what I have gained this year, I can't help but feel truly truly blessed. 2013 has been a good year for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment